Getting to Know: Sarah Squires
1. Name and any nicknames? Sarah, Squirrels, Bear bear
2. What is your occupation? School (student) and childcare at the gym
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? I would fly. So I could go up high and get places faster.
4. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Nothing
5. If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? Why? I’d live in Peter Pan and explore like the lost boys.
6. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be and why? I want to be able to do ring and bar muscle ups cause they seem fun!
7. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? Italy, Spain, and Cuba
8.When did you start CrossFit? September 2015.
9. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? EVERYTHING! I love the workouts and the coaches. Everyone is super nice and fun. It’s a great atmosphere.
10. Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I like power cleans! Handstand push-ups are fun too!
11. Biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym? Biggest challenges are dealing with my knee and asthma. Rewards are having fun and being happy
12. What are you goals in CrossFit? To be able to coach one day
13. Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I love going outside in nature. I also volunteer with special needs kids and horses. I also like slam poetry.
14. Favorite music/song to CrossFit to? The Dirty Heads
15. Tell us something that we don’t know about you.
16. What are you most grateful for? CROSSFIT APTOS!!!! Zac and Heather, they’ve helped me so much.