Getting to Know: Amber Lawson
1. Name? Amber Lawson
2. What is your occupation? RN. Currently stay at home mommy.
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? Power to blink and all my dishes are clean and put away…I cook ALL the time!
4. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Beef tartare in Lugano. It looked like a huge pile of raw meatloaf. Totally gross.
5. If you could like in a book, TV show or movie, what w0uld it be? Why? Sleeping Beauty. I need more sleep.
6. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be and why? String together double unders… I’m tired of looking like I’ve been in a fight after doing those.
7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done? Skied the Swiss alps after only skiing twice in my life. I had nightmares that I would die that day. Coincidentally, I survived AND never fell once.
8. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? Australia
9. When did you start CrossFit? January 5, 2016 at 10:30am.
10. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? The entire CrossFit family and the diversity of every WOD.
11. Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Not sure of my favorite WOD since everyone is new to me. I love handstands, but only because even as a kid I’ve never been able to do one. Can you guys teach me how to do a cartwheel? Never done that before either.
12. Biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym? Starting out I had too many expectations of myself. My biggest challenge was accepting this takes time. A total life style change for the better. I’ve noticed the biggest changes since changing my diet and nutrition. I overall just feel so much healthier.
13. What are your goals in CrossFit? I would say just to continue getting stronger and better in every movement.
14. Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Hiking, biking, surfing (trying to surf counts, right?)
15. Favorite music/song to CrossFit to? Anything loud and fast. (I can do without the Mariachi music that Jason played on Cinco de Mayo.)
16. Tell us something that we don’t know about you. We moved from Louisiana 2 years ago this summer. Originally from California and lived in Louisisana for 20+ years. We drove 2000 miles (with 2 kids who do NOT sleep in a car). Which is why it took us 6 days.
17. What are you most grateful for? My husband. I’ll forever be grateful for him!