Getting to Know: Greg Stephens
1. Nicknames? My nickname is Feox. My old breakdancing name was Flex and it to Feox somehow.
2. What is your occupation? I am a psychiatric registered nurse at Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula. Oh, the stories I could tell. It’s a very unpredictable job to say the least. I have some good patient quotes. For example, “I think I am pregnant, but the baby hangs out in the back, and then I look like Jessica Simpson with tight clothes on and stuff.”
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? My superpower would be to time travel, so I could travel to any era and see how others lived then.
4. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Raw quail egg in sushi.
5. If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? Why? I would like to live in the TV show “House” at the grumpy and sarcastic main doctor.
6. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be and why? I would be a better Crossfitter.
7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done? I was a breakdancer when I was 14-18 years old. I did some illegal stuff back in my day… I will pass this question.
8. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? I want to go to Nicaragua because that is half of my nationality, but have never been.
9. When did you start CrossFit? I got serious about CrossFit in March 2016, but joined January 2016. It took a while to warm up to the idea. I was skeptical at first.
10. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? Motivating each other to push through hard workouts.
11. Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Clean and jerk.
12. Biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym? I struggle with diet and just overall laziness at times. I work hard at my job and sometimes want to lay on the couch all day. Haha.
13. What are your goals in CrossFit? To be stronger and happy.
14. Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Poker, coffee, Warriors, tacos…
15. Favorite music/song to CrossFit to? Most angry rap and overall loud hip hop.
16. Tell us something that we don’t know about you. I made 2 hip hop cds in high school. I can still freestyle if I have a beer or 5…
17. What are you most grateful for? My health and mental health especially.