Getting to Know: Shawnti Bortoli Jimenez
1. Name? Shashi, Beeker, Bratenella (given by grandpa because apparently I was a brat… very stubborn)
2. What is your occupation? Controller Assistant for a construction company and a Marriage and Family Therapist working for myself.
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? Be able to control time, add more time to my day if needed, especially to spend more time with family and friends.
4. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? I don’t take a lot of risks with food. I am a vegetarian that doesn’t eat eggs. Sorry this is a boring one.
5. If you could like in a book, TV show or movie, what w0uld it be? Why? Breaking Bad – that series was so freaky to me, but I couldn’t stop watching it.
6. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be and why? I would love to get muscle-ups. I would feel really strong!
7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done? Married an Ecuadorian.
8. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? Italy
9. When did you start CrossFit? April 2014
10. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? CrossFit – I love the variety of workouts, constantly changing movements. The challenge is rewarding in the end. CrossFit Aptos – I love the genuineness and positivity of the staff and community.
11. Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I like cleans. I find them fun to do, especially when mixed with other movements.
12. Biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym? Challenge is believing in myself that I can complete certain wods. Reward is the feeling after I am done knowing that I gave myself a good workout.
13. What are your goals in CrossFit? Lose weight, gain muscle, push through the challenges, have fun.
14. Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Walking to the beach, eating good food, and hanging out with family/friends.
15. Favorite music/song to CrossFit to? Rap and dubstep
16. Tell us something that we don’t know about you. My first name is my mom’s maiden name.
17. What are you most grateful for? Being healthy and having my family healthy.