Getting to Know: Desiree Stilwell
1. Nicknames? Des
2. What is your occupation? Product Sales Advisor for Girl Scouts of the USA
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? To be able to transport myself or anyone I touch anywhere. It would save me time, gas, and money!!! Although, my son just told me the best superpower is the power to refill anything like a drink, food or your bank account. (He caught my attention on the last one.)
4. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Buffalo and alligator… although those don’t seem very unusual in the grand scheme of unusual foods.
5. If you could like in a book, TV show or movie, what w0uld it be? Why? The Swiss Family Robinson! To be able to be on a beautiful island with my family and living off the land would be the best.
6. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be and why? In CrossFit or Life? In CrossFit, it would be the kipping pull-up. In life, it would be to get my kids to listen to me the first time I tell them something.
7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done? Flew to Vegas and got married without telling anyone.
8. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? There are SO many places I want to travel! Fiji, Australia, Japan, Ireland, Tahiti…
9. When did you start CrossFit? January 12, 2016
10. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? I love pushing myself and seeing what I can do.
11. Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I really like deadlifts and bench press.
12. Biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym? I push myself to come in on days when we are doing WODs or movements that are difficult for me. It is a HUGE reward to be getting better at them.
13. What are your goals in CrossFit? To become a better athlete, get stronger, to be able to do things I never thought I could do.
14. Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Um… I don’t have a lot of spare time. If I did you would find me spending time with my family, running, reading or hanging out with friends.
15. Favorite music/song to CrossFit to? Something LOUD to drown out my inner voice screaming in pain.
16. Tell us something that we don’t know about you. I like playing video games, and I yell at the screen when I lose.
17. What are you most grateful for? My family for their love and support.